Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Heart of the Matter





















My Uncle in Canada emails that the two exotic blooms that I posted in yesterday's blog are varieties of giant Magnolia and they have the one with the plate sized leaves in their front garden. He writes beautifully about them....

The centre seed pod goes a bright orangy red after the petals die back, and is filled, when ripe, with a myriad of bright red hard seeds the size of aspirin pills. 
Thank you HG.


I love this instant  exchange of information....learning.....and now I also know the difference between a red campion and a ragged robin...thank you B.

I'm feeling  better about the shortness of my hair after washing it this morning .....my husband says he likes it (I used to have it like this when we first met...)  my sister says it makes me look younger, a friend says it's chic.
I'm so struck by how my self perception is so different from how other people see me - always worse....
But maybe I heal more quickly these days....last week's cold gone in a few days.....shoulder/ neck pain from Sunday gone after Yoga class on Monday....despair about husband and allotment soothed by sister advice......  loving empathy from all the dear ones in my life.... the greatest healer of all .....getting to the heart of the matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment