Wednesday 18 June 2014

No Matter What
















The tide is right out this evening when we stroll along The Goat Walk at Topsham, long the top of the repaired harbour wall which was so damaged in last winter's storms.

The sun's rays fanning through the clouds feel like an invincible force.....like a benediction....a sign of   lightness and purity - no matter what.......

My husband doesn't go to his  afternoon ceramics class - he says, quite rightly, 

I can make my own decisions and I'm not going.

Then I find that place inside me where I can let him be....let my pictures melt away....let it be his business.

And my business is to spend the hot  afternoon in the company of a dear friend in the peacefulness of her sitting room, looking out onto her gloriously blooming courtyard garden, blessed by statues of Buddhas.... the doors open to let in the air and any passing grandchildren home from school.

 She says she has always been able to be herself - a gift lesson from her mother.....I want to be like her when I'm 82 -  full of wisdom and humour, curiosity and gentleness and just being myself...no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment