Wednesday 20 November 2013

Pictures of Love









Pictures of love 

 In the office of our nice young Clinical Psychologist my husband talks about death. It preoccupies him a lot these days. He says he sees pictures in his mind  - imagines me dying, his family dying, his own death, his funeral and what people would say about him. How painful it is. When we were on holiday he was so afraid I would slip off the edge of the cliff  - or he would. He says he wouldn't want to go that quickly. Hugs seem to be a better solution than talking about it.

I don't really think that much about it. It's the living that preoccupies me. How to do it well  - get some kind of balance instead of all this wobbling I do.....see-sawing between love and fear....

Today, while the wind and rain slashed against the windows I sat in the company of some dear friends and in the company of Shirley Maclaine watching 'Out On A Limb' -  the film of her journey into the question of Is there more than this?  And if so what is it? 

And much later  I sat with 20 other people and listened to the moving story of another dear friend and her journey into the Light too.

You can find her at 
http://www.bornforpeace.com/

It was nice to come home tonight out of the coldness and the wetness and sit with a cup of hot cocoa made with creamy coconut milk...... and let all the pictures of love from today settle in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment