Wednesday 29 May 2013

Soul Hat








Both my husband and I have recently been fitted for insoles to wear in our shoes - hand made to our measurements by a company in Canada. We are told they will last a life time and will help correct posture, falling in arches, leg length and prevent possible hip breakage. All good - except it seriously affects the kind of shoes you can wear.....no more sandals with no backs or flip flops or slip ons - just sensible shoes...

As I’m an invetrerate buyer of shoes which never quite work out ( ie expensive mistakes), but which I don’t get rid of, ( I have seriously wide feet) and mostly live in boots all winter and Fit Flops in summer, this insole thing is a bit of blow to my already restricted shoe buying habit.

So the search begins...last week I compromised and bought a pair of comfy Ecco loafers to accomodate insoles and then gave in and bought midnight blue sparkly Fit Flops - for occasional wear.....

And today I took them back to the shop. Not for the sake of my feet but because when I got home I found the exact same pair of FitFlops under the bed.....I’d bought them at the end of last summer - never worn them and forgot all about them.....

So I bought a hat instead - floppy straw, big brimmed, cream and blue striped...... a purchase for my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment