Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Christmas






 14th February 2013

 Not feeling inspired tonight. My head is humming with another cold.

I make my husband a Valentine’s card - a photo of the two of us in France last year in a field, by a river. I know he has forgotten - he asked me what Valentine’s day is a few days ago. I don’t mind at all - we don’t usually make a thing of it anyway.  Later he writes me beautiful words in a Christmas card with an angel playing the harp on the front. I love it.

I don’t feel up for going out and lay the table with red heart shaped mats - a Christmas present from a dear friend -  and cook us a salmon lunch with sweet potato chips and white sprouting broccoli - my absolute favourite green veggie at the moment. We have it with elderflower fizz and for dessert, crumbly pistachio halva, before he leaves for his ceramics class. And I climb under the duvet with my novel.

I’m practising the LOVING ME FIRST thing tonight .....staying at home when I would normally override my stuffed up head and make myself go out.....


No comments:

Post a Comment