Wednesday 13 February 2013

Fire Alarm





13th February 2013

I nearly burned down the house last night. When I came into the kitchen this morning it felt warm. It’s always freezing even with the central heating on. I’d left the convector heater on since lunchtime the day before. On an old extension lead plugged in behind the rack of chopping boards so I didn't see it was on. The plug was almost too hot to touch. When I pulled it out it had cracked the socket - a tell tale brown smear near one of the pin holes. An electrical fire averted. And I’m not sure there are even batteries in the smoke alarm.

It feels like we are being protected somehow - this time. And warned.

I dreamed about the pussy cat last night. I’ve been missing him even more than when he first passed away.

I was holding his soft furry body under my left arm, trying to climb out of a high narrow window but there were no steps or ladder to reach it. There was no basket to carry him in. A woman’s face appeared at the other window and said she could get us a taxi as we’d missed the coach with everyone on it, but it wouldn’t take us as far on the road as we wanted to go.....

Maybe it means that the Light is really close, maybe it means I need to put down the weight of my imaginary burdens and keep asking for help....

And the gift I received today was through the gentle listening of a dear friend - that if I am loving to MYSELF FIRST - letting go of all my self criticism - then I can be loving to the other person instead of trying to fix them. What a relief that is. 

I could avert all sorts of fire damage....smoking wounds.... burned out hearts, if I practised that.....



No comments:

Post a Comment