Wednesday 5 September 2012

It's Only Money


5th September 2012 Wednesday

Feel unreasonably tired tonight.....so just headlines.

16 jars of  Victoria plum jam glistening on the kitchen counter -  the colour of dusky pink roses.

Discover the pussy cat will eat cod if I roast it in the oven and flake it into his dish when it’s still warm. But he won’t touch the dry food he has been eating for the last 2 years. I order a different variety from the vet.

I open a letter from HM Courts and Tribuanls Service expecting a new date for my husband’s appeal. Instead it is a letter saying that all the letters we supplied from the GP and neurologist and psychologist and CAB are not relavent to the period of appeal and the original decision from the medical assessment still stands. Not sure what to do now. Feel like giving up. I leave a message for the lady at the CAB who is helping us.

My husband receives another email from his accountant about the tax bill. The amount is still unclear but it keeps going up  - it sounds like Monopoly money. The bill is from 2 years ago - when we lived another life. In that life  my husband could make money to pay the bills. Now it feels like when the savings are gone there’s no way to replenish them.....it feels draughty in this new place.....

But as a dear friend always used to say to me - It’s only money not drops of blood.....

No comments:

Post a Comment