Friday 2 September 2011

The Toad and the Rabbit

2nd September 2011 Friday


The beautiful Indian healer looks into my eyes and says she can see my pain is trapped in my body. She tells me a story.


There is a toad sitting in a muddy rut in the road. A rabbit, going for a jog, says to him,


Why don’t you come for a run with me?’


The toad says, ‘No thanks, I don’t run, I’m very comfortable in my muddy rut.’


A few minutes later the rabbit is surprised to be overtaken by the toad running like mad.


I thought you said you don’t run,’ he said.


The toad replied, ‘Have you seen that lorry coming up behind us?’


The beautiful Indian healer says, ‘Sometimes if you won’t wake yourself up, life will give you a push. Don’t let the lorry run you down. And remember that nothing is impossible.’


Then she gives me a wonderful massage. And a box of tissues by my elbow to mop up the river of tears that comes with the touch of her silk soft fingers in the rigid rock muscles of my back.


Tonight I lit scented candles and we stayed a long time in the bath. Taking a small step out of the muddy rut.


No comments:

Post a Comment