Thursday 29 October 2015

Ringing In The Dark














More sunset pictures from my window tonight - it was actually raining but the light was so soft and magical -  felt like it was coming from a thousand radiant beings.....

I lost my mobile phone for a few panicky minutes this evening. It wasn't in my handbag when we got back from Deeksha. I rang it over and over - no familiar ringtone in reply. I rang the friend whose house we'd just been to ....at first she said, no phone here - then she said yes, another friend had just found it in the street -  ringing in the dark. He kindly brought it round to the house.

 I felt naked, bereft, un-anchored in those minutes even when I knew it was found -  a piece of me  still missing. How did it happen that my life got poured into my phone, that it could so easily be lost...

So two things to do.....

1. Keep a hard copy of my contacts.
2. Buy a new handbag.....if my phone can fall out of it ( because I don't zip it up properly) what else could I lose?

But of course I'd find a way to reach them - all those dear people in my phone - they are my life line, my life raft - my radiant beings....ringing in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment