Wednesday 28 October 2015

A New Sweet Life


This is the second batch of Raw Chocolates I've made this week. I still haven't cracked it but at least the texture is better than the first lot which seized up when I added the maple syrup and  it wouldn't pour  into the moulds.

They are called raw because you use Cacao Butter and Cacao Powder and sweeten them with honey or maple syrup. But as it isn't tempered chocolate you need to keep them in the fridge.
It's wonderfully simple to make  - just melt the butter over a pan of boiling water, add the honey at this stage ( which stops it seizing) and vanilla essence and then gradually whisk in the cacao powder. It really does taste like rich dark chocolate. I added the chopped cranberries and pecan nuts.

A dear friend has given me an even easier, quicker, deeply satisfying chocolate recipe fix for when you absolutely can't wait.
Take a spoonful of coconut oil, add a spoonful of coco powder ( Green and Blacks is good) and a smidgen drizzle of honey or maple syrup and just mix with a spoon till it turns into a dark fragrant paste. You could roll it into balls and put in the fridge to harden up a bit but I don't bother and just eat it with the spoon then and there. Very, very slowly.





 Today I became a great aunty for the fourth time to another beautiful baby girl - second daughter of my beautiful niece who lives in Sardinia.  She is an expert in homemade made chocolates. She inspired me to buy the cacao butter and give them a go. These are the ones she made for us last Christmas....before she knew there would be another new sweet life with us this Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment