Thursday 25 June 2015

The Heat Is Hot
















In the garden today the heat is hot ( to quote the song Horse With No Name by America) - obviously not as hot as the desert but hot for England. It's even hotter in the car -   22 degrees this afternoon.  I notice because I make 12  journeys in the car today.

 To and from the farmer's market for a forest of greenery....... to and from The Mede care centre (twice) for Robin to spend the day there ( leaving him in dear safe hands)......... to and from town to have coffee and lush Tunisian orange cake with 3 dear friends........ and to and from another dear friend's house
(twice )- once for a gorgeous lunch for 3 of us - pea soup, roasted cherry tomatoes and a garden salad vibrant with nasturtium flowers -  and back again in the evening for Deeksha meditation....... and date and ginger plum cake.

And somewhere in between -  a walk to the allotment to save the tomatoes and the spinach and carrots from dying in the heat.

 Today I love it all, because unlike the young tender vegetables which wilt in this temperature, I thrive in it.  Even though I seek the shade I feel awake in my own skin - in my element - like a lizard  basking on a hot wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment