Thursday 4 June 2015

Packed Tight As A Tick




















All yellows and blues in Robin's aunty's beautiful cottage garden borders on Sunday.

My day is packed tight as a tick.....no wriggle room or thinking space.

Up early, make green juice, answer emails and then fly into the market and fill my basket with long stemmed celery, frothy fennel and fat juicy pak  choi.....and  in M&S an impulse buy of shoes for my niece's wedding.

Back in time for visit from lovely Community Psychiatric Nurse who raises my spirits, warms my heart....offers support with husband's assessment.

Husband back early from walk with his favourite Age UK befriender...low in energy and spirits. Wonder if I should worry but make cold nut roast lunch instead.

Meet reliable gardener at the allotment who strims the long weedy paths between the beds while I pick rhubarb and radishes and lug watering cans to and fro. Allotment neighbour says I need to net the cherry tree or the birds will strip it.

Back home with grass in my hair and splinters in my thumb in time to wake up husband and drive the 45 minutes to Sidmouth for our fortnightly EFT session. My driving arm sticking out of the window burns in the sun.

Husband asks to do tapping on not saying all the horrible words that spring into his mind and jump out of his mouth. We've already noticed a change in the frequency of this - he's doing it less - says he can talk to his brain and sometimes control it.

After the session we all feel brighter, hopeful.

 In the town we buy a huge bag of fruit  - nectarines and peaches, strawberries and apples and then sit on the pebbly beach licking ice creams and watching the waves churn up the sand.

Rush hour traffic on way home. Husband goes for a sleep. I prepare asparagus and egg supper which he'll cook later when I come back from my Deeksha meditation group....where I nearly fall asleep....resting in all the love and kindness ... filling the room like sunshine.

I leave them with the bag of rhubarb to share, ring husband to put the eggs on and hope I'll be home in time to watch The Good Wife.....which I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment