Tuesday 9 June 2015

In The Pink/In The Sunshine/In The Shade


 In the kitchen this morning - pink elderflowers steeping in lemon syrup ....


drain them through a j-cloth lined sieve...


funnel the liquid into bottles and you have Pink Elderflower Cordial. 

 It's the third time I've made it this month....stripping the lacy flower heads from the tree at the allotment as soon as they burst open. I'm making the cordial in mega quantities this year  -  diluted with sparkling water it's my contribution to the bar at my niece's wedding in July - for those of us who don't drink champagne.


Continuing the pink theme.... feather light pink grasses along the path at Castle Drogo on Sunday...always remind me of my big sister running her  hands over their silky tops in some wild bush field in Africa...


Foxgloves for my Uncle who died only a few months ago..


he once told me foxgloves were his favourite flower.




 Petticoat Peony for all those beautiful young women who bless my life....



at the beginning of their flowering journeys.



For my mother who will always be a pink rose in my heart.


This one for all the dearly beloved goddesses who are growing older and lighter with me -  cupping me in the grace of their love.


And the softness of this sky for all the lovely men in my life - their tenderness and care for me  - a bouncy castle wall - keeping me from falling too far into the dark.


Thank you - each dear one of you -  for  keeping me company now as I walk beside the man I love with his broken brain, in and out of the sunshine and the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment