Thursday 14 May 2015

Today


Last night while I was cooking for the family I let the peas boil over on the hob. Twice. It fused the cooker. I turned the mains power off in the fuse box which didn't fix it. But it messed up the broadband connection so no internet, no emails, no google, no blog.
This morning it's pouring with rain. I need to mop up the puddles on the kitchen floor, find a man to fix the cooker,  arrange to talk to dear friend about how to go about getting a Care Assessment from the social services,  and go the market and buy extra salad greens and green leaves as my brother, who eats a plant based diet, is visiting from Fiji.

 But it doesn't matter about the rain because the best thing about today is that I'm spending it with  my    brother and my two sisters -  us four together - a very rare and precious day....who knows when it'll happen again.  The last time was in South Africa after our father died and we planned what to say at his funeral. Some of today we'll talk about our dear cousin and what to say at his funeral on Saturday....  only words of love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment