Wednesday 12 November 2014

Head Full of Worries

















At lunch time( I can't eat as my mouth is still numb with novacaine from the 3 fillings I had earlier) I walk through the town to the industrial estate to collect my car from the garage. Need a new wing mirror glass after a car smashed into it on Monday while I was driving to my yoga class......was he too close to the middle of the road or was I? An expensive mis-judgement anyway - in time and money.

 Christmas shoppers throng the pavements, queue at the tills. I nearly leave my rolls of wrapping paper in the basket and walk out of the shop - suddenly too sticky hot in my coat and overwhelmed with the thought of Christmas decisions - and I'm not even buying presents.

Longing for the glorious empty beaches and high blue skies where we were last week in the Algarve....feel so blessed to be going back in a few weeks time with my sisters. Noticing my strong desire to escape the details of my life......noticing wherever I go - walking the sand, walking the pavements -  I take myself and my head full of worries with me.

I'm worried that the birthday chocolate fudge cake I made tonight is closer to fudge than cake as I replaced the butter with coconut oil and it may not have cooked at all....




No comments:

Post a Comment