Friday 21 March 2014

Pendants and Crowns



Pendant Helibore bud



Helibore -  wide open




Patio pot primrose


 Green Stone Jade pendant - late 60th birthday gift from my dear family which I bought in New Zealand.

Spring Equinox in the garden today - I nip out to take photos between freezing showers and bursts of sunshine.

I'm feeling the effects of a mouth full of novacaine after a visit to the dentist this afternoon to get a temporary crown made  - after  a piece of my tooth broke off when we were in Cromwell in New Zealand last month. My lip is still prickly numb, my gum sore and throat scratchy, my head hurts and I'm grumpy I can't eat yet and when I can it'll have to be all very soft. Maybe rice or mashed potatoes...

I love my Jade pendant - which I bought in Hokitika. The note in the box says it's made from Flower Jade also known as Picture Jade because of all the different colours and patterns in the stone, unique to New Zealand. I was warned to only buy NZ jade as there are imports from other countries in the shops as well....

The design is the Triple Twist-Crossover which symbolises the bond of eternal friendship. I didn't know all that when I bought it but I love symbols.....and you can't really see it in the photo but it's very beautifully carved. 

 Everyday I am eternally grateful for the deep circle of love and friendship which crowns my life......







No comments:

Post a Comment