Thursday 29 August 2013

Wine and Chocolate












Random photos from my files.....I like the alpaca's long soft eyelashes, the natural shape and silveriness of the tree stump, the white arteries of the cabbage, the icy lace of the wave breaking....

Do you want a glass of wine, by any chance? my husband asks me before supper tonight.

No, I've got a headache. 

I didn't sleep much last night.

I've been getting worried about how much wine he's drinking recently. Maybe I should be more worried about how much chocolate I'm eating recently - Lindt Dark Mint especially -  and those Magnum mini ice creams in the freezer that I keep for easy desserts for my husband but I eat them too....

I've been thinking about one of Robert Holden's quotes in his daily inspiration emails - 

Have you noticed that what you try to control the most causes the most conflict.
You can't be in control and happy.

So much to learn.....so much to change ......so much to surrender.....it's enough to drive me to the freezer.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I agree with Robert Holden. Isn't it a question of balance? Some control but not too much? With regard to eating though, I think it's a question of separating emotions from eating - eating because one's hungry not because one's unhappy, bored, worried etc etc. (I know from bitter experience that trying to mend emotions with food makes things worse, not better!)(Hope I'm not being a pain here. As you know, this is one of my subjects too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda - I know it too.....mending emotions with food doesn't work.....trying to control things I can't - like my husband - doesn't work either! Noticing it all and not judging too much feels like the first a step out of the soup..... X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to get your reply - I was so worried I'd been preaching. And I think you're spot on with your last sentence! x

    ReplyDelete