Thursday 22 August 2013

Swallowing The Sun









What was your day like?

Like this.

7.15 - no time for Morning  Pages - choose to do yoga exercises for my sciatica instead and meditate lying down with two tennis balls in a sock under my head.....2 birds with one stone...

8.15 Drive across town to collect husband from garage where he has left his car for a service....

Whizz up breakfast smoothie with spinach, ginger and lemon and turn it muddy murky with black-currants and blackberries for big vitamin C hit.....

9.30 Lovely woman from Age UK arrives to be with husband for three hours - they go off to the canal with paints and paper and an easel which he bought from Lidl on special offer last week. It's already hot... the sun burning my neck.....

I go mad in town at  the organic farmers' market and fill my baskets with fresh sweetcorn cobs, ripe fat tomatoes, long purple aubergines, sugar snap peas, pungent basil leaves, pale mauve shallots, dusty radishes, heavy little gem lettuces, boxes of eggs and slabs of smoked haddock and cod.

In the post office I send a pack of photos to Armenia and a memory stick of photos to Surrey.... buy prawns in Sainsbury's for husband's lunch.

12 noon - Back home I take a call from the accountant  - he wants me to edit a letter he's sending to HMRC re mitigating circumstances concerning why husband didn't pay tax on his benefits to prevent a penalty.....he describes husband's brain condition. Hope it will cover it.....

Make chilli mayo prawn salad for husband's lunch and leave house in time to meet dear friend back in town for mushroom frittata salad lunch. We share a wedge of vegan chocolate cake which is dark and light and sweet with a sticky icing....then walk to the cinema.

3.30 We watch a film about Tibet called  'When the Dragon Swallowed the Sun' - there is a warning at the beginning  - Contains grizzly scenes.... After two hours I'm overwhelmed by despair and sadness at the absolute hopelessness of the possibility of Tibet ever being returned to its peaceful status pre 1945 when it was occupied by the Han Chinese....

6.30 Feel drained and lie on bed ... husband comes back from his ceramics class and brings me  a cup of tea then drives us to our Deeksha Meditation evening....

Everyone is there -  every chair taken up  -  I feel so blessed and grateful and tearful for all the love and healing in the room....the music always takes me back to India where my sister and I learned about Deeksha in 2008 ...when my mother was so ill.....so it all gets mixed up with that time before she died.....

8.45  We leave before the tea and flapjacks as I can't shake off this bone tiredness  .....husband makes the scrambled eggs and toast from dear friend's homemade rye bread....  and I put two huge sweetcorn cobs into a pan of boiling water....

After our supper he plays a game of Sudoku on the computer and I catch up with Celebrity Master Chef on iplayer....

And now it's nearly midnight....I said I'd write a quick blog but my husband knows I won't and says  See you when I see you....which is now ..... except I think he's asleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment