Tuesday 13 August 2013

Parent Penguin



 Ceramic parent Penguin and baby made by my husband.


How does he capture that expression...feed me, love me, don't leave me..



Thistle down.

This morning I cried for my mother, curled like a baby on a mattress on a wooden floor, by an open window, the gentle hands of a sweet wise woman stroking my hair, rubbing my shoulder. She knows  how grief and ancient, inherited grief get locked and knotted in your body if you don't let them go.

I don't want to go there, I say. There's so much of it... it's a bottomless pit.

Well, it's just like taking a shower, she says. When you've had enough you get out and you feel cleaner afterwards.  Then you can have another one later.

So I don't have to drown in the ocean of all this loss - just keep taking showers for my emotions. And kicking my legs and dancing more often....

 And I will, even though it feels as hard as breaking though rock with fingernails, I'm afraid that if I keep holding on like I am doing now, pushing through each day with an iron fist around my heart, I could do myself some damage. Get ill. And I know I must not.

Who will be the Penguin for my husband then... 



2 comments:

  1. He's captured the parent so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! They live on the window sill in the kitchen...with me every day....TX

    ReplyDelete