Sunday 31 March 2013

Remover of Obstacles



31st March 2013

My niece, recently returned from Nepal, gives my husband a  fabulous carved wooden mask of Ganesha - the Elephant God. He is known as ‘The Remover of Obstacles’, the' Lord of Success' and the' Deva of Intellectual Wisdom'. He holds it up to his face and we all smile and laugh at his transformation.....

Tonight we sit on the sofa with a bowl of little eggs wrapped in gold and blue, pink and  lime green silver paper -  one of his wonderfully abundant birthday presents.   

What are these? he says.

Easter eggs.

They aren’t eggs though.

No they are chocolate - in the shape of eggs.

He unwraps one.

Do you know what Easter eggs are?

Not really.

I wonder if I prayed hard enough to Ganesha he could dissolve my longing to talk to my husband like I used to .....because I'm afraid it could get in the way of my loving him.....


No comments:

Post a Comment