Wednesday 27 March 2013

Petticoats of Ice




I’m back home  - with writer's block.....blogging block anyway.....far far away from myself locked behind petticoats of ice.....

with a mouth full of sponges  - the fall out of being torpoedoed with novacaine yesterday for my broken tooth - my left cheek like a football moon....

and the wreckage of this month’s haircut fallling around my ears -  a raggedy eagle in flight....annoying the hell out of me..... 

and the cold, the cold...... reaching it’s blue fingers under my skin.... slowing me down to a crawl so that even a smile requires a mental debate....

From the darkness of the bedroom the white mound of my husband asks me how I’m feeling.

Rubbish I say.

Which seems to wound him.

I wish I could say full of the joys of spring and looking forward to supper and a movie.

Which of course I could if I slipped out from behind my icy petticoats even for a moment and laughed at my nonsense......

but that would require a decision...and might just catapult me into the broiling sea of anxiety always a hair’s breath below the soles of my feet....


No comments:

Post a Comment