Sunday 26 February 2012

Unfired Clay Pot

26th February 2012 Sunday


Some things I noticed today ......


A row of new opened daffodils on a grassy bank - lit up by the sun. Did spring slip in under the radar and I didn’t register it - my eyes looking somewhere else?


How thin the pussy cat is. How he eats more if I crouch down beside him and whisper encouragement in his ear.


How hard it is to change my mind and not feel guilty.


How porous my skin feels - I’m an unfired clay pot - how quickly I get full up with talking and listening - new ideas washing inside me, leaking out - I can’t hold them - I’m already floundering.


How finishing a book - one you have been embroiled in for snatched hours in the day and deep into the night - is like the end of a love affair.


How you can’t disguise the taste of a scone that has been in the freezer for weeks - slightly stale - even if you smother it in strawberry jam and clotted cream.


How much I want to linger in my husband’s arms when he hugs me, eyes tight shut, and not let my face feel the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment