Friday 18 November 2011

Dust and Love

18th November 2011 Friday


Today, helping a dear friend clean and pack up her cottage, where she has lived for twelve years, I’m amazed how sticky dust is. Especially the cobwebby dust behind pictures, and the dust glued to the wooden frames and the filmy dust on the glass. Which you don’t really notice when you are eating your meals and watching the TV and not looking at the pictures on your walls. I’m thinking now how long it’s been since I even whisked a cloth anywhere near a picture or a mirror in our house.


Probably even better to wipe the dust off our light bulbs. In our book about 365 Ways to Save The Planet it says doing this increases the amount of light they give off by 40% to 50% and so provides better lighting for the same cost. Obvious really - I knew about keeping your car headlights clean but didn’t think about light bulbs.


I don’t want to write about dust any more. I’ve just watched a U-tube clip which made me cry and which helped me put all the little niggles and perceived problems of my life into perspective. I pass it on to you - with love.


http://www.leader.co.za/article.aspx?s=43&f=1&a=3090

No comments:

Post a Comment