Thursday 15 September 2011

A Ten Minute Blog

15th September 2011 Thursday


A ten minute blog......


Morning lemon and ginger tea and lovely talk with a dear friend - she brings chocolate brownies and lemon drizzle cake. My husband and I throw all diets out of the window and share them after a late supper tonight on the sofa watching Billy Connolley eat an enormous slice of peach pie and ice cream in his programme about Atlanta.


Solitary salad lunch in the garden in hot September sunshine. I take a long time to savour every mouthful of sweet ripe tomato and tight curled little gem lettuce. Someone is creosoting their fence, the smell stinging my nostrils. I’m happy my husband is out walking in woods with a dear friend. I know he’ll be loving it.


My father says,


‘Do you notice anything different about me?’


Luckily I see he is wearing new glasses - bifocals.


‘But it’s still hard to read,’ he says.


Macular degeneration kicking in then.....


Tonight we sit in a big circle of friends and before we start the music to meditate by, we laugh about the end of the world coming on 26th September - someone’s prediction of our planet colliding with another one which has been heading our way for centuries.


I hope it’s not true - I feel there is more still to do - more life to love...


Well, it was a bit more than ten minutes....



No comments:

Post a Comment