Wednesday 14 September 2011

Missing Him

14th September 2011 Wednesday



Today I wanted to give myself up to the long curves of Dartmoor under a blue and white sky. I wanted her noisy brown rivers to drown out the racket in my head. I longed to bask in the open hearted company of our dear friends as we walked her sharp stoned paths. I wished I could let the gales of laughing blow away my jealousy and my shame.


I’m jealous of anyone who I think is normal. Ashamed that I think my husband isn’t. Afraid I’m losing sight of him - my eyes and ears always on alert now for that word that eludes him - making him smaller than he is.


I’m just really missing him.

1 comment:

  1. I found myself here via Belinda's blog (cannot bring myself to call her Mad Woman) - have read some of your posts. Enjoyed your writing.

    ReplyDelete