Wednesday 18 May 2011

Sick

18th May 2011 Wednesday


The pussy cat was sick in the night - copiously. I am feeling full of cold and cough. Luckily we have an appointment booked with our lovely healer.


The pussy cat sits next to her on her sofa and she lays her hands on his long soft body. She says he’s stressed and she unwinds his twisted gut - on an energetic level. He stays stretched out and sleepy while she takes me to her healing room and works her magic on me. She says the lungs and the chest are the seat of grief. She prescribes vitamins and Chinese herbs and says I may feel worse for a while.


I push my trolly round Sainsbury’s but at home the effort of unpacking it all defeats me and I retreat to the sofa. I let the idea take root that I can’t do the baking I planned for this afternoon for our friends coming at the weekend. So I stay under the blanket giving in to the feeling of being sick.


My lovely husband says he’ll make the supper although I’m not hungry. The pussy cat is still asleep - I hope he’s dreaming of catching mice and not worrying about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment