Sunday 17 April 2011

Budgeting

Saturday 16th April


Day 360



This afternoon the kitchen smells of warm curry spices. The top notes are clove, cinnamon and cardamom in the pilau rice. I’m mopping the hall floor - muddy pussy cat paws and boot traffic marks. The wood is pockmarked and scratched and a whole rectangle in the middle is sealed with plastic glue where the plumber cut it out to get at the pipes below. We were planning to replace it - have a nice new floor. It occurs to me that this won’t happen now. New floors won’t be in the budget. I’m not sure how you do that - live on a budget. But I’m going to find out.


Tonight I sprinkle sparkly gold stars on the table to welcome a dear family friend and my sister and brother in law to supper. They bring yellow and orange tulips and wine to share. I didn’t have flowers for the table as they weren’t in my budget. I have a feeling that this living on a budget thing may include learning to receive - with grace - no need to stint on love though.

No comments:

Post a Comment