Monday 11 April 2011

Bright Moments

Monday 11th April


Day 355


Some bright moments from today -


The delicious smile on my brother’s face when I carry his chocolate birthday cake to the table - six candles flames flickering round the edge, lighting up the cluster of alstrumeria flowers in the centre, placed there by my sister. And a cape gooseberry to honour our African childhood.


The sound of the pussy cat crunching his dry pellet food - and not being sick.


Walking and talking with a dear friend across a river meadow splattered with daisies and dandelions, holding the lead of her beautiful, silky-eared greyhound.


Writing a cheque for £200 for the repair of my car - to a lovely garage mechanic - instead of nearly £700 - full of gratitude for the network of trust shared by friends.


Sitting next to my husband under the vaulted ceiling of the cathedral, the glorious musical feast of Handel’s Messiah washing through me; listening out for the tenor voice of our dear friend in the choir; bringing back memories of Christmases past.


No comments:

Post a Comment