Tuesday 6 July 2010

Tuesday 6th July


Day 78


I ring my husband from M&S lingerie department.


“Will you buy me lunch?”


“Of course.” He loves eating out.


I ring him back just as he’s leaving the house.


“ It’s got really cold - will you bring me a cardigan?”


“Which one?”


“In the wardrobe there are two on the same hanger. Bring the navy one, light navy - almost grey - lightweight, thin. Not the other one - the blue one.”


Ten minutes later he walks towards me through the crowds, carrying my cardigan.


“It’s the wrong one,” I say.


“But you said the light one.”


“The lightweight one, I said. This is royal blue not navy.”


I think about how many varieties of blue there are and how easy it is to assume the colour in my head, and the name of it, matches the one you see.


After a little while I start to enjoy our lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment