Sunday 4 July 2010

Sunday 4th July


Day 76


I wake with a longing for the sea.

To wash away last night’s film - The Holocaust nightmare in ‘Shindler’s List’ - still splintering my mind.

To avoid the red wave of strawberries and currants overflowing in the fridge, crying out to me -

“Do something with me now- before I turn into mush.’


We walk high up on the cliffs at Budleigh the sound of the waves muffled by banks of unfurling bracken fronds and dense purple ling. The path is lined with blackberry brambles covered with sprays of white flowers and tiny hard fruits. Branches of holly trees scratch our arms, clusters of shiny green berries hiding between their leaves.


In the middle of this windy summer day I taste autumn dankness and Christmas coldness.




No comments:

Post a Comment