Friday 11 January 2019

Possible but not too difficult...

I'm still without my camera so I took these with my old one. Ive missed its chunky weight and easy grip. Not sure about the photos though.
Sun getting up...

 back lit pigeon beyond the stream...

very chirrupy robin came to see what I was doing...filling up the bird table with new varieties of seed which I ordered online from the RSPB....

this gift of an orchid gracing the kitchen window sill just keeps on displaying its perfect white waxy petals...

and looking down on Edward from my bedroom window.


This morning I have a long visit from a garden designer.  John Mulberry.The same one who designed and landscaped our little urban garden in Exeter fourteen years ago. See above.

 He's very enthusiastic about taking on the project of  my very different edge of village garden now. He says it could be lovely....gives me ideas and perspective that fit my vision for it.....a proper greenhouse...raised vegetable beds... a long patio...a planted border...some trees for structure ....gunnera by the stream in the boggy part.....a brick wall with an arch... taking away the horrid mower garage....all in keeping with a rural plot  .... and  a circular seating area. A plan which would develop and take some years to complete....the way a garden evolves anyway. 

He makes me feel anything is possible but not too difficult. He already knows my preference for curves and not straight lines. And most importantly he  has experience of filling in and planting over many swimming pools.

Now I need to create the same vision for the house....that anything is possible.  But not too difficult. 
And not too serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment