Thursday 4 October 2018

Unpacking Judgements ...thank you, young plumber.














I wake to heavy mist hanging over the garden this morning. It doesn't totally clear all day....still blurring the views of the village when I walk up over the fields this afternoon.

I miss going to the farmers' market as young plumber returns with part to repair defunct valve. The valve that lets the water through the pipes even when it is switched off.

Also hard for me to switch off my judgements about his seeming lack of knowledge of plumbing.
I keep out of the way ....make him cups of tea....don't ask too many questions unless I can't help myself....notice how much I want to be right.....and make him wrong.

Three hours later he leaves ....water flowing right way in pipes....hot water ON and heating OFF.
I'm grateful to him for fixing my pipes( he did clear up all the mess)...and grateful to him for being the context for whatever it is that I need to unravel about what is going on with me.


I'm half way through listening to a Matt Kahn video about "Unpacking Judgements"...he says they are thinly disguised insights for our healing...we are here to heal ourselves and therefore everyone else. ....everything is here to help us. 
I doze off in the middle of the video so haven't found out how to unpack the gifts in my own judgements....but I'm sure it will include forgiving myself for having them.

And I like this reminder from Robert Holden 
The final (and only) act of healing is to accept there is nothing wrong with you. You might be suffering from psychology, have had a terrible past, got points on your licence—but your essence remains as radiant as a star. 


No comments:

Post a Comment