Friday 12 October 2018

The Core Message


 This afternoon
While the rain slashes against the windows
and the wind whooshes through the branches of the willow tree and the oak 
I sit on a high stool in the kitchen
peeling apples
cutting them into fat quarters
to lay on the bubbling caramel of a tarte tatin tin
heating up on the hob.
At the same time I'm listening to a Matt Kahn video called
Healing Core Wounds...
which are neglect,
abuse,
co-dependency,
 and loss.

His core message is 
Love what arises....
everything is here to help you...
give yourself more love not less.

Much much later I watch a music video of  BTS -  a young, seven-member South Korean boy band - who could also be young women -  who have millions of fans world wide.
 I find them extraordinary -  slick, professional and incredibly vulnerable beneath their pale make up and coloured hair and dancing feet.
The core message in their songs is
Love Yourself.
 How wonderful ...to learn that when you are young.
But it's never too late to start....today I started to talk to my small and overwhelmed little girl inside ... to reassure her that I  am the grown up and can make the decisions....when the time is right.


Today was the right day to buy a new camera....
and tomorrow will be the day to learn how to use it. 


2 comments: