Monday 15 October 2018

Food and Mood Dairy ....and a Wild and Foreign Country






Sunday afternoon walk with dear friend and dog overlooking Peak Hill in Sidmouth.
First photos with new small Lumix camera. I'm thinking they aren't much better than ones I've been taking for years with current large Lumix camera.
But then I haven't read/learnt/digested anything about new camera yet. So these are just point and shoot and hope for the best with freezing cold fingers in woolly gloves.


These are "my" sheep taken a few weeks ago from the kitchen window.


Today, apart from a foray out for baked potato lunch with dear friend at the Imperial  - a traditional pub in Exeter  with marvellous vaulted window - I stay close to home...at my desk...wading my way through long admin list.
And I've started to keep a food and mood and symptoms diary as I've booked an assessment and consultation with a nutritionist( found in Re-connect Magazine) who may be able to help with my wobbly unsettled gut....I know it's connected to my emotional highs and lows but feel that some practical support could  also be useful...I could be eating things that make it worse.....I just hope those don't include green veggies.... or dark chocolate...my addictive late night treat....( the chocolate not 
the greens).

 
The temperature drops this evening ....it's raining....I pull on a cagoul .... take a basket out to the garage and select some logs from a neat pile stacked up against the wall, all in different sizes. Logs from branches which my gardener says he thinned out from the hazel hedge 2 years ago. They have been waiting in a huge heap at the bottom of the garden by the stream. He came on Saturday to chop them up with a chain saw.
Making a fire tonight from my own logs is deeply satisfying. I feel like an early homesteader in a wild and foreign country.
Keeping the uncertainty and doubt at bay
 in this strange and unchartered land of doing-it-on-my-own.





4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures and very sharp - I can definitely see a difference. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew - thanks Belinda - I needed a second opinion and confirmation I've done the right thing to buy a new camera! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your pictures. A camera that will fit in a pocket is an asset, but the true key is the eye that sees the picture. You have that gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margaret what a lovely thing to say. Sorry I didn't see this till now and you said it was you! X

    ReplyDelete