Friday 13 July 2018

Lost to the Tennis

Random photos round about this day - mid July - from the last ten years.

July 2009 Begonia - a Thousand Bells -  in the garden..

and at Tiverton Canal in the rain.

July 2010

along the coast above Budleigh Salterton.

July 2011 St Ives..

 agapanthus ....walking the coastal path with my cousin.

July 2012 Blue Anchor Bay, North Somerset

and our very thin pussy cat when he was very ill.

July 2013 Jam making  - strawberries from the allotment.

and sunset over the estuary at Topsham.

July 2014, A Course in Miracles picnic near Cheriton Bishop, Mid Devon

in the Sub Tropical Gardens 

near Abbotsbury in Dorset...

the name of which escapes me...

July 2015 my nieces's beautiful wedding..

and Blackcurrant Parfait ice cream.

July 2016 my great niece discovering snails..

Dartmoor ponies near Princetown...

on the beach in Sidmouth...

and sour dough bread in the Old Mill Bakery in Lyme Regis.

July 2107 Pelargonium in the garden after the rain...

BBQ at my sister's farm...

and framed at the Killerton Estate when my brother came to visit from Fiji.

Today Friday 13th July 2018.

I lose myself and the whole afternoon.... and evening.... and the night, swept up in the drama of the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon.
In between matches I grill aubergines and courgettes  - the filling for a tomato and parmesan tart that I'm making to take to a family lunch in Weston -Super- Mare tomorrow.

And when the tension gets unbearable I sort though and read and discard or keep and file all the hundreds of recipes that I've torn out of magazines over the last 10 years or more. I'm re-inspired - especially by the mouth watering photos, as I search for ideas to cook my niece and her little family and my big sister who are all coming to visit next week from Sardinia.



Now I'm trying to remember where I was and what I was doing in my life before I let the excitement of the game take over. But I'm glad I did  - it was some of the most fantastic tennis I can remember watching. And I've been hooked on Wimbledon...  and watching it ....since I was a school girl and came to this country in 1966.



No comments:

Post a Comment