Thursday 14 June 2018

Swimming The Channel Alone








My new plot

Today I feel like I'm swimming the Channel ....alone .....with none of that protective grease smeared on my skin ....and no little safety boat nearby to rescue me if I get into difficulties.

The results of the environmental searches  come back - pages and pages and pages of them.
Looks like there could be a flooding risk. I commission a more detailed enquiry.

The energy efficiency of the house is in a very low band. Even lower than in my big old draughty home now.

The surveyor report says the house is worth much less than I paid for it. But it was my choice.

I choke up while I'm speaking on the phone to a young woman at the building insurance company who cant't answer my questions and doesn't know what to say to me. Robin used to work with the  lovely man who started the green and ethical insurance company - we know him well - but he's not in the office today.

I manage not to cry on the phone to my solicitor and she says she's not worried about the house but I should get more checks done.

Quotes come in from the removal companies - more decisions.

And all I want to do is the fun stuff -  like looking at beautiful fabrics for curtains - far too soon to think about that....
 and buying beautiful bedding for my kingsize bed.
Which I did today in House of Fraser - 60 percent off  800 thread count, pure white Egyptian cotton duvet covers and sheets and pillow cases.

A bargain I'm not going to regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment