Friday 15 June 2018

Long Rooted and Sheltered







This afternoon I walk in the park.  Recently I've let myself become overwhelmed with stress and I've stopped doing all the things that help me to cope.  My lovely therapist reminds me that there are ways to resource myself  - or rather let myself be resourced when my mind is paralysed with fear and indecision. Resourced by the magic of the Medicine Wheel....with the grandfather energy from the East...bringing support and protection, fire and spark. Having my back.

Like breathing. Deeply.
And walking. In nature
And asking for Help.

So later, reading a long complicated financial report which I had to understand and sign, I felt calm and slow and when it got too difficult I walked in the garden... deadheaded the pansies..... filled the bird feeders. And then phoned my advisor.

Like these water lilies  - long rooted and sheltered  -  and not doing it all on my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment