Tuesday 12 June 2018

Courgetti and Grievance and Grieving







It looks like spaghetti but it's all raw - courgette spirals in a delicious cashew nut pesto and a delicate couscous and cucumber turmeric salad - my sister's birthday treat at an excellent vegetarian restaurant called 'Feast' in Ilminster in Somerset. 
Ours was a vegan meal but the portions were on the small side so we made up for it with non vegan cheese scones and cakes  - one of them - orange drizzle  - a bit on the dry side.
But I'd definitely go back again which, as I'm the fussiest person I know about restaurants, is a big plus.


I read this quote today from Robert  Holden's book, 'Loveability'.

Holding on to any grievance is really a decision to suffer.

Holding on to anything is where the suffering is...
regrets ... unfinished plans.....lost money....jumpers.

I notice how close the word grievance is to grieving. 

 Grievance - A feeling of resentment over something believed to be wrong or unfair.

Grieving - to feel intense sorrow about....to mourn.

It feels so wrong and unfair that I'm alive and Robin isn't.

To hold on to that feeling is to suffer.

To feel it, again and again, and to let it go, again and again is to heal.

 No rush.




No comments:

Post a Comment