Wednesday 6 June 2018

Ageing

Dog rose rambling over the back fence. I don't usually notice it.But found it flowering when I was de-cluttering the shed yesterday.

This evening I went to the movies with dear friends. I love it that I can walk to the cinema. For now. It was called The Book Group - with marvellous actors .....all older now....Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen, Diane Keaton....Andy Garcia, Richard Dreyfuss...amongst others. I feel I have grown up with them on screen and it's still so odd to see how they have aged. Like me. 
It was funny and poignant ....love and sex in the over sixties...and very unreal American.

In a way I preferred the wonderful TV programme  I saw the other day with the 4 very English actresses, Judi Dench, Joan Plowright, Maggie Smith and  Eileen Aitkins called  Nothing Like a Dame. Just being themselves , telling their own stories .... very funny and very poignant. 

Ageing is on my mind a  lot these days....nothing wrong with it ...just sometimes I measure the years I have left...and wonder the best way to use them....and I'm  noticing that my stamina is less than it was. 
Tonight I had a late supper and now I'm falling asleep.Maybe nothing to do with age....normal to be tired  whatever age you are when it's nearly midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment