Thursday 24 May 2018

...the beauty of the land....








Beautiful  massed blossom in the park this afternoon....blackthorn, hawthorn, lilac. I walk there after a lovely day in Dorchester with two dear friends. We all worked together at Sharwoods in the product development department. In another life time...a life time ago.


In the programme from The Chelsea Flower Show this evening all the interviews were about the healing and restorative powers of gardens ....on mental health particularly.

I've been thinking that making a garden, growing vegetables - just  a few - and being surrounded by  all the greenness in my new home ...just being quiet and peaceful is the way for me to heal and grow....to recover from all this loss and grief and turmoil.... put down roots into a different earth,  and stand on my own two feet .....held and nourished by the beauty of the land I'll be able to see from my kitchen window every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment