Thursday 15 February 2018

Each person in your life is there for a reason...


Today when I go to collect some pre-paid train tickets from the station I discover that one of them is missing. There has already been a long ticket saga with the company I booked with - a result of changing one of the tickets to an earlier time and paying a fee to do so.

In the car driving back home to sort it out on the phone I'm already in a righteous funk - planning what I'm going to say in my head to the sales person in India - basically make her wrong and blame her for the inconvenience and cost.



Then I have another thought - what if I just bless her with the opposite of all that - with gratitude and kindness and remove my poisonous darts from her direction....and expect a good outcome.

Actually I'm still pretty cross on the phone to start with and she's pretty cross with me...but then as I listen instead of blaming it seems that it may have been my mistake as well as theirs. And in the end we clear it up. 
She even says I don't sound old enough to have a senior railcard which makes me laugh. I still have to make another journey to pick up the second ticket but this time it's more peaceful.


It all seems to fit with the message I received from The Universe in my inbox this morning.

Each person in your life is there for a reason. And that reason always has something to do with love.

Like me,
The Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment