Friday 15 December 2017

H. A. L. T. and Napping.
































 Every year in Portugal my quest continues....to capture the exact moment of the ultimate wave breaking....


Today
 I had these sweet sparrows for company and chirruping.

This is one of my favourite Julia Cameron Life Lessons - number 19.

Tired one, allow yourself to rest.
Do not push yourself onward ignoring fatigue.
Your body is your beloved vehicle that houses your soul.
Treat yourself gently.
Do not force yourself forward. 
Remember H. A. L. T. Do  not get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired.
Fatigue is dangerous.
Rest.



I did listen to my body today. When I got too stiff and cold sitting at the table writing cards I  took myself out into the cold bright air to post a parcel and to buy big bunches of  fresh herbs - parsley and dill and coriander  - from the Turkish shop. I don't want to eat much salad in these icy temperatures but I crave fresh greenness for my soup.

Later when the sun was already sinking low in the sky I listened again to my body, aching with weariness, and crept under a blanket on the sofa and took a nap. Like my parents used to do every afternoon after lunch. Such a good ritual which I believed only belonged to the elderly.

Now I know it has nothing to do with age and everything to do with abandoning my outdated conditioning " don't stop till you drop" and taking care of myself. 

I'm learning fast.....it was a lovely nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment