Wednesday 20 December 2017

Christmas Present and Trouble Shooting



This lovely Georgian Town House in  Honiton which I visited with a  dear friend last blue sky Saturday used to be the East Devon Registry Office of births, marriages and deaths. 

 Two members of our family, my nephew and my niece, have been married here - beautiful wedding memories- and it's also where we registered the death of my mother in 2008.



Now it is the home of the Thelma Hulbert Gallery hosting permanent exhibitions of contemporary art and crafts. I loved these spalted beech wood chopping boards....not just because they are heart shaped. 

I have a lot of chopping boards that I've collected and been given over the years....


I also own many beautiful bowls and jugs...a particular weakness of mine. So as I don't need any more, I justified buying this gorgeous one-off piece by Michael Taylor by calling it my Christmas present from Robin.
 He was always wanting to buy me things and so pleased when I let him ....when it was something I loved. It took years for him to learn not to buy me presents without talking to me first ...he said it wasn't so much fun if I knew what was already in the parcel....and I had to risk hurting his feelings when I had to take it back or change it.....so often I didn't.



Fragrant hibiscus tea after yoga class on Monday....I love the colour.... deep clear beetroot ....but will have to drink more to acquire the almost savoury sour taste.



Today

I'm so relieved to have an internet connection - which is faster than my old one -  even though it took more hours to set it up. And the router box has to be in a very inconvenient place  - on the first floor landing opposite the loo - where the master BT socket is located.
 I've learnt so much that I don't really want to know about Broadband. My favourite technical advisor and all round Help-what-should- I-do? friend has disappeared to Portugal so I'm proud of myself that I didn't lose it totally. I finally followed and understood and carried out instructions (my least favourite occupation) and even did a bit of trouble shooting myself - a bit randomly -  to discover why it wasn't working. 

I'll need to experiment tomorrow to see if it still works from the extension  socket by my main phone.


And now I'm going through my Christmas ritual motions....feeling flat and a bit stressed. But they are  a good antidote to stop me sinking into my aloneness.



2 comments:

  1. Glad about the red dress and SO glad you have your broadband back. I know just how devastating these sorts of problems are. I'm impressed you sorted it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devastating is exactly right....I know you have had your own computer problems.....it feels like mine is an extension of me now....lost without it. So I'm very motivated to get it sorted! X

    ReplyDelete