Thursday 2 November 2017

Tiny Things


My day starts with a de-caf oat-milk mocha in the company of dear friends.....
bags of farmers' market vegetables slumped at our feet.



After more shopping at Waitrose for things you can't grow in the red ploughed fields of Devon,
I walk in glorious sunshine in Mincing Lake Park. 



Everyone I pass has a dog by their side or running ahead of them. One man is surrounded  by eight of them - all different sizes and breeds. I imagine he must be a dog walker.

I carry my camera like a shield.



































I'm at loss for words tonight..... I feel grumpy and sad and fat.

So here are some  encouraging words instead from Julia Cameron 's Lesson 13 in

Life Lessons


Little one, be alert to tiny things.
Do not demand loud noises or showy events.
The moon rises softly blessing the evening air.
Stars appear twinkling on the horizon.


As twilight slips into night a hush comes to the world.
Light a candle. Burn a stick of incense celebrating the passing of the day.
Ask for guidance and feel its gentle hand.
You are well and carefully led.


The moon tonight slipping through the slats of the wooden blind in my bedroom.

It's nearly full again .....how did that happen.....time waxing and waning in its own eternal rhythm....taking no notice of tiny things.... like my small daily dramas. 

Nothing left to do now but sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment