Wednesday 1 November 2017

The Country Of Me


I was out all day.  When I walked into the kitchen I saw this sweet robin was splashing in the bird bath as if 



he knew I was coming home.  

A dear friend has told me about a new book just out all about robins called The Robin : A Biography by Stephen Moss. 

How could I not read it.....


The sky tonight


soft as a robin's redbreast.


Too tired to write tonight....so a few thoughts which blossomed out of being witnessed by my lovely kinesiologist this morning...


When I lived in Africa
 the county of my birth
I was wired into 
the rhythm of heat
planted into 
and red earth 
and connected to
the pulse of
my own
soul.

And I believed I was responsible for everything.




When I lived in the country of Robin
for 33  years
I hid my 
brightness
from myself
and
from us.

And I believed I was responsible for everything.


And now that I live
in the country of me

with no
responsibilities
for anyone

how will I 
reclaim
the heat of
my child soul 
in this 
cold
climate?




2 comments: