Tuesday 7 November 2017

Green Juice and Daily Good


I'm getting ready to go to Portugal for three weeks with my lovely sisters. Which means running down the contents of the fridge. Usually in my case it means using up all the veggies I over-bought in  the market.
This morning I made a  jug of green juice squeezed  from


curly kale, neroli cabbage, spinach, carrots, apples, fresh ginger root, limes and a whole head of celery. The zing of the ginger and the sweetness of the apples rescue it from being too sulphurous and cabbagey tasting. I have enough to last me for all breakfasts before I leave.


It's been bleak and icy cold and raining on and off all day. I haven't been able to get warm in the house till late this evening after a bath. I had a three hour meeting with a very efficient woman about the possibility of switching all my utility providers to another company. It sounds good but I'm left a bit mind boggled and not entirely sure......concentrating is knackering.


As I'm too tired to write tonight I'm posting a few quotes from a magazine I get in my inbox every morning called Daily Good - News that Inspires.
Sometimes I just find them annoying but I am inspired by these three. And I especially love Desmond Tutu.


What is the essence of life?
To serve others and to do good.
- Aristotle -

Do your little bit of good where you are. It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.
- Desmond Tutu - 


Creativity is intelligence having fun.
- Albert Einstein - 

No comments:

Post a Comment