Monday 14 August 2017

The Final Goodbye


On Sunday 
they came,
our families
and 
our friends,
the ones who could.


To Robin's
 Tower
on the hill.



And they brought 
a heavenly 
picnic
to share.



He wanted a 
"G&T Affair"
for his memorial
because he 
loved to see 
people
enjoying
 themselves.


Instead 
we raised glasses of
Prosecco 
and 
home made
Pink Elderflower Fizz
 to honour him 
and remember 
the 
beautiful
man 
he 
was.




And 
after we sang for him
 one last time,
it was 
the most
lonely
have 
felt
for 
nine
months.

Wrapped up in 
 the final
witnessed
goodbye
to 
my 
love.


And this is my last blog for a while as I'm off to Fiji  soon with my sisters to spend time with our brother on the other side of the world.

Back in mid- September.











2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time - or, if you don't see this till you get back,I hope you had a wonderful time. Bx

    ReplyDelete