Wednesday 28 June 2017

Hole in my Jaw


A bird commotion - squawking alarm  -  draws me outside to the bottom of the garden. I find this blackbird resting on the fence.....recovering.


His head looks like it may have been in the mouth of a cat....mauled  and scraggy.


Or maybe it was a territory fight with another bird....

I feel ragged and sore after my tooth extraction this morning. In spite of gentle dentist and massing the angels for help and deep breathing, I shook with fear all the way through the procedure. Which was short, only involving rocking and tugging and no cutting or stitches and painless because of all the novacaine. He said it was clean  - no amalgam chips left in my jaw.

 Still I feel a bit traumatised.  And cross that I can't eat or chew anything. The right side of my mouth is very sore. I'm treating myself with homeopathic remedies. And all day I've been treating myself to lovely smoothies and indulging in watching DVDs on the sofa with the heating turned on.

But like the blackbird recovering on the fence, I'll rest a while, before I muster  the courage to look at the  hole in my jaw - empty and aching and bloody.



 Lunch - A green smoothie - mostly spinach and celery and cucumber which I have an abundance of in the fridge.
Supper -  a fruit smoothie -  coconut milk, strawberries, raspberries and the mango from heaven.

And later a drink of  thick hot chocolate made with melted 70 percent dark and honey - almost a smoothie...

1 comment:

  1. Once the novocaine wears off, the pain from the procedure can be so severe. Often keeping a small ice pack around and placing it on your jaw, outside from where the hole is, can help alleviate the pain. Keep drinking the smoothies and get rest; you'll feel better in no time.

    Eunice Greer @ Downtown Dental SC

    ReplyDelete