Tuesday 27 June 2017

A Thousand Serious Moves














Too tired to write my own words tonight after lovely but long day with dear friend in Dorset.

A message from the Universe in my inbox today...

Never regret love, Trish. No matter how blind, it improved your vision. No matter how foolish, it made you wiser. And no matter how generous, it made you more.

But it's not love I'm regretting....

And this from Hafiz in I Heard God Laughing.

TRIPPING OVER JOY

What is the difference
Between your experience of Existence 
And that of a saint?

The saint knows 
That the spiritual path
Is a sublime chess game played with God.

And that the Beloved
Has just made such a Fantastic Move

That the saint is now continually 
Tripping over Joy
And bursting out in Laughter
And saying, "I Surrender!"

Whereas, my dear,
I'm afraid you still think

You have a thousand serious moves.

Sometimes when I slip into my regrets 
I tell myself over and over
It couldn't have been any other way.
None of it.
All of it,
all of me 
and all of him
and all that happened
and all that didn't happen
couldn't have been any other way.

To Surrender to that
would begin to
reduce 
the number of serious moves I think I have,
zig-zagging me closer 
towards Kindness
to myself.
Even if still 
a long way from 
Joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment