Monday 6 March 2017

Beautiful or Useful and Breathing More Easily











"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." William Morris.

Denise Linn (the gist of what she says anyway) - 

"Love it, use it or bin it."(....or recycle it, give it away, sell it, donate it) but don't keep anything that doesn't fit that category.  It is your attachment to things, not the things themselves which clutter up your space, cause your energy to stagnate."

Robin's candle and the soot on the ceiling and the smeary kitchen walls have started me on a de-cluttering/space clearing journey. To uncover the bits of me in the house by shifting stuff, shifting the energy, choosing what I love, what to let go of, what to put back.

 I still feel ambivalent about it though...claiming all of the house as mine when it was always our married home, always joint decisions. Even though  Robin usually went along with my preferences in most things.....

My sister helped me on Saturday...more than helped me.... she did a marathon job with me. And took away boxes of stuff in her car for the charity shop. So now I'm experimenting with what it feels like to live with only having one or two items on a shelf, a surface.

I love each thing, each one has an association, a connection with a place or people I know and love.

They stand alone in a clear space.



Helping me to breathe more easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment